IFG's Client, located in the far North Suburbs of Chicago, is seeking an Accountant.
Hybrid work schedule: 3 days a week in the office/2 days remote
Reporting to the Controller, the Accountant will assist in accounting for fixed assets, general ledger account reconciliation, and annual physical inventory procedures. This position will assist in continuous improvements, communicate to project leaders, and lead Fixed asset physical inventory.
- Accounting for Capital Expenditure projects including I/O establishment and settlement, IO posting periodic review, and closing I/O, as well as full set of Fixed Assets responsibilities including capitalization / maintenance, reporting, and physical inventory at multiple locations.
- Providing capital investment project status update, analysis and control for better project management
- Complete assigned month-end close process accounting entries.
- Perform Balance Sheet accounts reconciliation including but not limited to cash accounts, intracompany accounts, and inventory trial balance accounts.
- Assist in annual physical inventory procedures for plant, MA, and contract manufacturer
- Facilitate JSOX documentation preparation, assist in internal audit and external audit, and Prepare Credit application, Tax exempt request, and other accounting documentation needed
- Participate in budgeting process, prepare/generate/distribute SG&A cost center reports, provide financial analysis, and answer inquiries about result and variances
- Assist Controller in compliance testing of policies and procedures
- Complete other special projects as needed.
- Identify opportunities to implement Best Practices
Experience: 5 -7 years of related experience. SAP software experience and Microsoft Excel (intermediate) skills and Everest Software (basic to intermediate) skills
Education: BA, or equivalent
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org