IFG is actively recruiting a Tax Accountant to manage the corporates taxes for all entities. The Tax Accountant will be detail-oriented with strong analytical skills to support the continued growth of this national organization. The Tax Accountant is responsible for all federal, state, and local tax filings and compliance pertaining to sales, payroll, and other non-income taxes. Additionally, this position is responsible for planning and research; and other tax related initiatives.
Responsibilities of the Tax Accountant
- Prepare closing workpapers, overhead expense budgets, and tax returns on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Handle all gross receipts, sales & use and other miscellaneous tax filings for all of the Companies.
- Support various accounting touch points as it relates to insurance, legal and job cost.
- Assist with identifying risk/controls for accounting processes and perform testing according to internal audit programs.
- Support accounting staff, processes, and initiatives, especially as it relates to corporate credit cards and tax compliance.
- Assist in fixed asset records maintenance, including capital expenditure budgets and budget to actual comparisons.
- Prepare special reports and complete other projects as directed.
- Perform additional assignments per direction of Tax Director/Controllers.
Requirements of the Tax Accountant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- At least 2 years' exposure to public accounting or tax preferred
- Multijurisdictional tax experience preferred
- The ability to connect analytical thinking to business outcomes is a must
- Ability to think analytically and manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to support accounting policies to ensure the Company's financial reporting is in accordance with GAAPs
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency with other Microsoft office applications
- Strong working knowledge of various accounting software applications
- Strong analytical reporting experience
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please connect with your IFG Partner, or call us at 412-539-1434 x232 for more details and confidential consideration. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com.
IFG is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of "just-in-time", short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.