Job Title: Accounts Payable Manager (Hybrid)
Company Location: Northbrook (near north Chicago suburbs) - Commutable by Metra train from downtown Chicago with free company shuttle (or walk less than 1 mile) to corporate headquarters.
- Private company gym onsite
- Starbucks onsite
- Subsidized corporate cafeteria
Industry: Service Industry
Responsible for the management of the North America Accounts Payable function within Global Business Services:
- Optimizes the accounts payable processes, activities, and performance to maximize efficiency and minimize risk.
- Supervises staff and daily operations of the North America accounts payable function, assist with enhancing global policies and procedures, driving automation and be an advocate of SOX compliant execution.
- Have oversight of aged invoices, credit balances, employee expenses and the payment process including batch approvals.
- Position requires a high level of organization, excellent attention to detail, and strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ideal candidate should enjoy working in a team environment and have experience managing a team of 8-10 AP Specialists.
- Have a strong understanding of accounting concepts, analyzing accounts payable metrics and collaborate with others to implement process improvements resulting in efficiency & process standardization.
- Develops, recommends, and implements work methods and procedures in accounts payable section, including providing guidance on accounts payable policies and procedures and assisting in problem resolution. Prepares or coordinates preparation of reports concerning accounts payable activities and oversees the maintenance of operational records.
- Ensures all accounts payable transactions in the system are accurate and completed in a timely manner, and backup documentation is maintained to support authorization for all payments.
- Acts as liaison with other departments or organizations, especially purchasing/sourcing and the general ledger group.
- Assists management in the development, implementation & monitoring of goals and provides some budgetary input.
- Partners with procurement to co-lead implementation of procure to pay modules of Oracle R12.
- Works with the acquisition integration team to ensure proper and smooth integration of the accounts payable function for acquisitions.
- Assists accounting and finance with necessary changes to the accounts payable process required as a result of legal entity consolidations.
- Manages the performance of direct reports by defining goals and objectives, accountabilities, establishing performance objectives (KPI's), providing feedback and guidance, and ensuring all policies are understood and adhered to.
- Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information.
- Coordinates transactional and customer interaction support across teams and staff members, as needed to meet SLAs and program standards.
- Works closely with GBS leadership and corporate functions to drive process improvement throughout Procure to Pay cycle (P2P), including the integration of new systems and acquisitions. Will take an active role in global design and testing of new processes.
- Other duties as required.
Requirements and Preferences:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree required with related secondary education courses
- Yellow/Green Belt Preferred but not required.
- Prior experience managing teams up to 10 resources.
- 5-7 years related work experience including managerial experience within a Shared Service Center environment
- Detailed knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Accounts Payable process in Oracle EBS R12
- Experience working with an Imaging system a plus
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Cross-Functional understanding of other areas including Procurement, Sourcing, Vendor Master Data, Requisitioning and General Ledger.
- Detail oriented and maintain high levels of accuracy for high volumes of data.
- Effective communication skills (Multi-lingual a plus) with the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Self-Motivated individual able to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- COVID vaccination is required.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format including email contact information to Cameron at email@example.com.