IFG's client, a manufacturing company in the western suburbs, is seeking a Financial Analyst / Cost Accountant.as been the leading provider of resistive for over 95
The Financial Analyst / Cost Accountant maintains and controls the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial transactions. Primary focus on financial and management reporting, month-end close, data analytics, annual budgets and quarterly reporting. Reports directly to the Accounting Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Accounting Management with the day-to-day, monthly, quarterly, and year-end operations of the Accounting/Finance Department.
- Assist in the preparation of financial closing, month end reporting and analysis.
- Develop, interpret and implement financial concepts for financial planning, forecasting, modeling and internal controls
- Become subject matter expert with Finance Data Analytics reporting (Power BI and D365)
- Heavily involved with building annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Prepare journal entries for the corporate general ledger, and generate monthly reporting, account analyses and reconciliations.
- Ensure accurate mapping of account numbers between ledger and consolidation systems.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to assist management.
Skills & Relevant Work Experience
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Experience with cost accounting in a manufacturing process environment.
- Critical thinker with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of data analytics and key performance indicators.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; emphasis on advanced Excel functions (vlookups & pivot tables).
- Tech savvy. Ability to navigate multiple ERP systems (including BPC and MAPICS) and embrace conversions to new systems.
- Team player who fosters a collaborative environment within the organization.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and procedures.
- Demonstrate a proficient level of knowledge in accounting and keep current with developments and trends. Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
- Responsible, motivated, and reliable with exceptional work ethic.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA and/or MBA a plus.
- 2-4 years of experience in financial reporting and cost accounting; manufacturing environment preferred.
- Tech savvy. Ability to navigate multiple ERP systems and embrace conversions to new systems.
- Working experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Power BI a plus.
- Strong technical skills in both general and cost accounting.
- International travel to Mexico required (5-10%).
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus.