STAFF ACCOUNTANT - A/P
The Staff Accountant - A/P is responsible for maintaining the Operating and Procurement accounts payable subsidiary ledger. Duties consist of (but are not limited to) obtaining approval for payment, proper coding of invoices for payment, processing of check payments and maintenance of unpaid invoices.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or business-related field.
The ideal candidate for this position will have 2+ years' prior accounts payable and accounting work experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Extremely organized, detail oriented and accurate
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Enthusiastic and have the ability to meet new challenges with an open mind
- Ability to effectively multi-task with good judgment
- Experience with Deltek Vision preferred
- Experience within a service based industry is a plus
- Must have experience with MS Office applications with particular emphasis on Excel
JOB REQUIRED SKILLS
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Print, obtain signatures and distribute (either electronically or by mail) all supplier payables
- Prioritize payments to vendors in coordination with the Principals in Charge or other project and departmental personnel
- Handle all vendor inquiries
- Maintain all vendor master files, accounts payable reports and accounts payable files
- Maintain vendor banking information in Business Net Banking, process ACH payments, wire payments and checks.
- Monitor and account for all charges to clients for administrative costs (e.g. telephone calls, mail, photocopies, etc.)
- Analyze expense accounts, as required
- Perform special projects, as required including assisting during the annual audit
- Provide temporary coverage of AR duties, as required
- Willing to undertake additional responsibilities to assist Accounting team