IFG is actively recruiting a Cost Analyst to design and implement cost accounting procedures and methods. The role will primarily be responsible for the preparation of cost reporting, examine and analyze unusual cost reports, perform variance analysis, and all cost data is correctly allocated across the organization.
Responsibilities of the Cost Analyst
- Ensure that costs are allocated by job, customer, and product and provide Management with information on WIP, aged jobs, and inventory.
- Perform profitability analysis and provide results to Management for decision making.
- Develop, implement, and maintain new processes as needed within areas of accounts payable, job costing and revenue recording in order to streamline cost reporting.
- Participate in the month-end closing process and assist in preparation of financial statements.
- Assist with the plan to develop and implement processes to ensure inventory accuracy including performing a physical inventory count.
- Perform daily accounting activities related to accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Prepare documentation for external audits of general and cost accounting activities as needed.
Requirements of the Cost Analyst
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Five+ years of experience working with cost accounting and analysis
- Intermediate level in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
- Strong analytical skills including research, trend analysis, data analysis, and presentation of data through charts and graphs
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com.
IFG is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of "just-in-time", short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.