IFG is actively recruiting a Payroll Specialist responsible for the processing bi-weekly salary and hourly payroll for union and non-union employees. Position will require experience with managing a time keeping system, reconciling payroll reports, and communicating to payroll manager any issues.
Responsibilities of the Payroll Specialist
- Process weekly payroll for 650+ employees (Union and Non-Union) within multiple states
- Investigate and correct payroll discrepancies and errors
- File weekly Federal/State tax payments, 401k payments, child support and other garnishments
- Process certified payroll reports
- Maintain employee records in Accounting software
- Process all new hire paperwork
- Assist with processing quarterly and yearly tax reporting
- Provide general support with a variety of payroll-related tasks
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Requirements of the Payroll Specialist
- Ability to quickly and efficiently learn new technology and software
- Experience working within a Union environment, highly preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to establish effective relationships with employees
- Proactively complete tasks in a timely manner
- Minimum of 3 years of Payroll experience, preferred
- High school degree or equivalent
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please connect with your IFG Partner, or call us at 412-539-1434 x232 for more details and confidential consideration. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com.
IFG is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of "just-in-time", short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.