Industry: Merchandising / Distribution / Food Service
Job Title: Finance Integration Manager
Job Type: Full-time employee position (with benefits)
Location: Naperville (hybrid office / work-from-home)
Supervisor: VP Finance and Strategy
Interviews begin week of July 18, 2022
Formal Job Description:
The Finance Integration Manager is a lead team member assisting VP Finance Strategy in leading execution of strategic initiatives. This role supports effective decision-making, project management, and strategic planning as a valued partner to the Executive Team and other senior management of the business segment.
The Finance Integration Manager is forward focused on long-term planning and projects to ensure the growth of the organization and the success of the team.
- Provide analyses, recommendation and options to support the development and execution of strategic business plans, including planned transaction related synergies, profit improvements via strategic initiatives, M&A and other operational initiatives, as required.
- Provide reporting for senior management, the Executive team and the board of directors regarding strategic initiatives.
- Provide analyses, metrics and reporting to confirm and summarize the results of execution of strategic initiatives and integration.
- Support VP in coordinating and mobilizing plans around key work streams and driving execution in a strategic manner.
- Assist in the creation of growth strategies that leverage the broader offering of the combined convenience companies.
- Oversee projects that do not neatly fit within the organizational chart or that fall between departments or leadership areas of responsibility.
Additional Insight from Hiring Manager:
The Finance Integration Manager (FIM) is responsible for taking a lead position in integrating 2 multi-billion dollar companies with an initial integration period of 2 – 3 years. This complex and challenging position will include analyzing operational, financial and system-related data from both organizations. FIM will propose recommendations on cost-saving and revenue-generating opportunities leveraging existing processes and synergies identified to create a single organization.
Reports directly to the VP who will mentor and collaborate with the FIM. FIM will serve as a leader in both project management and operational finance. Analytical skills and experience including heavy modeling in Excel and working with Big Data are essential skills.
FIM will have high visibility and engagement with Senior Management including the C-Suite. This position provides a unique opportunity to impact the combination of 2 large, multi-billion dollar companies and contribute to the strategic plans to grow the business and increase profitability.
- Minimum 7 years (preferably 10+) of relevant industry experience in distribution, retails, CPG and food
- Minimum of 5 years of operational experience required (e.g. analysis of distribution centers, operational KPIs, margins, labor, etc.)
- Experience at large complex companies with extensive distribution operations required
- MBA preferred
- CPA, CFA or other professional certifications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting strongly preferred
- Excel (advanced skills required including working with large data): Required
- PowerPoint: Required
- Access (and other database software): Preferred
- SAP: Preferred
- Business Intelligence (BI) Software: Preferred
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org