Job Location: Itasca (NW Chicago suburbs)
Industry: Technology / Software / Manufacturing (SEC-filing company)
Supervisor: Assistant Controller
The Senior Manager (or Director) of Financial Reporting is responsible for evaluating new accounting pronouncements, being a technical accounting resource for the organization, and leading the external reporting process. This includes various aspects of internal and external reporting. Ensuring Sarbanes-Oxley compliance is critical. Priorities for this role include establishing accounting processes and internal controls for financial reporting, assisting with the development of accounting policies and procedures, and developing accounting training to the organization. Expertise in US GAAP and SEC Reporting is required.
Supporting and being a liaison to other corporate and finance functions will also be critical. This role has significant interaction with corporate accounting, the budgeting and forecasting organization (FP&A), the business units (operations), foreign entities and tax organization. A successful candidate will be a hands-on professional with a strong understanding of the application of GAAP and financial reporting. A control and process oriented mindset, strong analytical and problem solving skills, and desire and ability to identify, recommend and lead improvements is also important.
Scope of Responsibilites
- Monitor, understand and identify potential impact of new accounting and SEC standards on financial statements and disclosures.
- Respond to inquiries from senior management regarding reporting matters and act as a technical resource for US GAAP and financial reporting rules.
- Develop, maintain and ensure compliance with internal controls related to reporting processes and SEC filings.
- Review and analyze monthly, quarterly and annual site financial information to ensure compliance with Global Accounting Policies and US GAAP.
- Work closely with external auditors during quarterly review and annual audit processes.
- Review of consolidated balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flows as well as equity statements and statements of comprehensive income.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of SEC 10-Q/K filings, including financial statements and footnotes.
- Lead/participate in special projects as assigned, including acquisitions and dispositions.
- Prepare support to key customers, including Treasury, Legal, Tax, Investor Relations and FP&A as needed.
- Assist with the monthly financial reporting close and consolidation process to ensure that financial transactions are properly captured, complete and accurately reported.
- Continually evaluate system processes across the organization and lead projects to streamline and improve internal and external reporting.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies.
Requirements and Preferences (Experience, Education, Certification, Software)
- BS degree in Accounting and CPA
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with a publicly traded company (which must include responsibility for external reporting) and/or public accounting experience with SEC registrants. Experience with a global company is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Ability to prepare consolidated financial statements and SEC filings (Form 10-Q/K).
- Strong PC skills including advanced Excel. HFM and Workiva experience is a plus.
- Manufacturing industry experience is a plus.
Specialized Knowledge / Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Focus on generating high quality deliverables.
- Strong project management, leadership, and problem solving skills.
- Able to work with detailed information, while also being able to understand the larger/underlying issues
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative and cross functional organization.
- Strong teamwork skills with effective relationship building and influence.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to develop alternative solutions to issues and concerns.
- Strong process orientation; well-structured and well organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and a passion for a fast paced environment.
- Able to handle multiple assignments and manage competing priorities with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Ability to coordinate and, when required, direct diverse resources required for completion of tasks/projects.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall at email@example.com.