Our client is a growing leisure and hospitality group, and they are expanding in the Niagara region. Due to this expansion, they are looking to add an Interim Accountant for an initial term of 3 months. There is a strong chance of this opportunity extending longer and/or converting into a full-time role.
As the Interim Accountant your primary responsibilities are performing daily accounting tasks with a focus on payables and project cost accounting. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Reconciling vendor statements, utilities, and bank accounts. Posts to and balances ledgers, process payments and compiles monthly reports
- Regularly consulting with vendors and internal team members, ensuring invoices are paid, and any issues are dealt with in a timely manner. Requests credits when necessary
- Address client inquiries on invoice issues, PO questions, complete vendor forms, provide banking/tax forms
- Manages weekly cheque runs, wires, and verifies that adequate budgeted funds are available for payments and may schedule the issuance of payments and cheques
- Other ad hoc requests and special projects
To be considered for this role, our client is looking for someone with the following skills/requirements;
- CPA or in program [or equivalent experience]
- 2+ years experience in an accounting position
- Systems savvy [preference with Navision or Business Central]
If you have the skills required to be successful in this role and you want to know more, please send your updated resume in MS Word format to Michelle Campanaro CPA, CGA at email@example.com.
To view other opportunities, please visit www.ifg-global.com. #PR