IFG is actively recruiting a Senior Accountant who is a key contributor to external reporting, financial accounting, and period-end closing processes. This individual will execute key deliverables in accordance with U.S. GAAP, Company policies and procedures, and applicable state and federal regulations. This individual will partner with the controller to ensure complete, accurate and timely financial statements, while also driving and enabling change related to their areas of responsibility.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant
- Assist the Controller in the preparation of monthly/quarterly/year-end closings and annual audit.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure proper recording of business transactions.
- Assist with financial and general ledger account analysis.
- Manage record of accruals and amortizations.
- Prepare month-end account reconciliations- bank account & balance sheet.
- Maintain Fixed Asset records and process all additions, disposals, and transfers of demos.
- Process RMAs and credit memos.
- Process and track New Orders for R&D Projects and Customer Demo Shipments.
- Complete state tax filings.
- Prepare AP Aging & 13 week cash flow forecast to be used for weekly check run.
- Process revenue by state for sales and use-tax calculation.
- Review, approve, and process Travel & Entertainment Expenses via credit card and cash expense reports.
- Cross train and assist with Accounts Receivable, including invoicing, cash applications, as needed.
- Cross train and assist with Accounts Payable, including data entry & check runs, as needed.
- Work with Staff Accountant to process and file 1099 Miscellaneous and 1099 NEC documentation.
- Lead annual physical inventory observation and perform Inventory Book to Physical Reconciliation.
- Perform other duties and ad hoc reports as assigned.
Requirements of the Senior Accountant
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Master’s Degree a plus.
- Knowledge of GAAP is a must.
- Highly motivated, possess excellent organizational skills and independent work skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic including dedication, productivity, reliability and punctuality.
- Excellent communication skills and team player.
- Experience and strong working knowledge with Microsoft Office and other related computer skills.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com.
IFG is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.