Salary Mid-Point: $115,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
Looking for someone with a good understanding of Cost Accounting concepts and theories, such as standard costing, absorption and variances.
The company is located in the NW Chicago suburbs
- Supervises A/R, A/P personnel and transactions
- Responsible for overseeing accounting procedures, internal controls (implementing, monitoring, enhancing) and data base management
- Train staff on internal control procedures; assists the Controller as needed
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly gross margin analysis by product line and customer
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries and sales tax payments as necessary, analyze inventory and inventory roll forward
- Prepare and/or reviews reconciliations and account analysis of general ledger accounts
- Reconciles inventory, accounts payable, and various other balance sheet accounts
- Maintenance of fixed asset records
- Prepare collateral reporting
- Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories
- Prepare detail account analysis and reconcile sales, cost and inventory, liability accounts by customer type and product line
- Minimum 5 years experience of hands-on managerial accounting experience.
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and banking working knowledge.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Cost Accounting Standards. Ability to create advanced MS Excel spreadsheets involving complex formulas, lookups, pivot tables and links.
- Must be able to adapt to new and different computer programs and software to enable efficient data gathering and analysis.
- Ability to apply research, compile, analyze and interpret data.
- Good written, verbal communication and collaborative skills.
- Ability to analyze and reconcile complex accounts and reserves.
- Must have proven leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner.