IFG'S client, a global distribution company, is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst - Vendor Rebates, to join their team!
This role is currently 100% remote! Could go hybrid in the future.
- Monthly close process for Supplier allowances and Marketing Funds, while managing, leading and developing reports (i.e. aging, reconciliations, and schedules) for outstanding allowances.
- Perform data sourcing and calculations associated with rebate programs to accurately determine the amounts for accruals and disbursements.
- Develop financial reporting tools to facilitate program administration and communicate program results to management and field sales.
- Establish proper controls while adapting accounting and record keeping functions to current computerized accounting systems technology.
- Provide financial analysis of total rebate revenue, including comparisons to forecasted results and trended results.
- Assist manager in preparing rebate forecast.
- Analyze records of financial transactions to determine accuracy and completeness of entries.
- Prepare, enter and review journal entries into the general ledger system.
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations and resolves any outstanding items.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure proper accounting for purchases and expenses.
- Support internal and external auditors in accumulation and preparation of required auditing documentation and schedules.
- Implement process improvements that result in improved efficiencies.
- Perform timely account analysis ensuring accurate month end balances.
- Demonstrated experience in accounting; thorough knowledge of accounting principles, theories, and practical applications including GAAP
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Data warehouse utilization skills
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of relevant experience in finance or accounting functions, preferably in a large corporate environment is a plus
- Experience working with supplier allowances is a plus
- Strong organizational skills; attentions detail; proactive
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required