IFG is actively recruiting a Cost Accounting Manager to manage and analyze cost information. The Cost Accounting Manager will be detail-oriented with strong analytical skills to support the continued growth of the organization. This role will be responsible for preparing inventory cost closings and reports, variance analysis, monthly product/customer margin reports and participate in the annual budget process.
Responsibilities of the Cost Accounting Manager
- Prepare daily inventory roll forward to track high-level inventory balances.
- Prepare inventory workpapers for weekly borrowing base.
- Compiles and analyzes inventory information to prepare entries to GL Inventory accounts, documenting inventory transactions.
- Validate and analyze the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close.
- Prepare labor and overheard analysis and capitalized variances monthly.
- Work closely and partner with Inventory control team to monitor, track and improve inventory accuracy.
- Perform variance analysis such as purchase price to cost variance, cost revaluation, invoice to PO price variances.
- Partner with operations to ensure Bill of Material accuracy including knowledge of cost reduction impact on financials.
- Ensure process integrity with manufacturing and inventory while working with cross-functional peers to resolve process issues.
- Maintain relationships with manufacturing and accounting peers to address information reporting needs.
- Prepare accounting schedules routinely and as requested for internal and external reporting requirements.
- Prepare monthly product and customer margin reports.
- Prepare reports to provide sales department costs of products to determine product pricing.
- Prepare monthly report comparing actual cost to flex budget.
- Participate in annual budget process.
- Participate in annual physical inventory count.
- Assists the Accounting Manager and Vice President of Finance on financial special projects and reports.
Requirements of the Cost Accounting Manager
- A four-year college degree in Finance or Accounting combined with minimum 5 years of experience in Cost Accounting.
- Ability to understand the manufacturing environment and the associated financial processes; knowledge of supply chain, receiving, inventory flow, operations process and manufacturing principles
- Ability to effectively analyze transactional level detail in an ERP system and articulate the key findings to management
- Strong business skills and effective understanding of financial, distribution and manufacturing systems
- Ability to multi-task and drive actions to completion under strict deadlines.
- Detail oriented and comfortable working with large data sets
- Action-oriented and solution- driven with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with developing cost models and annual budgeting process
- Demonstrated capability of independently leading processes and projects to completion.
- Skilled Microsoft Office user (especially Microsoft Excel)
- Experience in data analysis; extracting, manipulating, and interpreting data for decision making
- Possess ability to understand and work independently with all areas of the company and be recognized as a cost expert
- Pricing/Profitability/Volume Analysis
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com.
IFG is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.