Salary Mid-Point: $120,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
- Support business unit locations during the monthly reporting and quarterly forecasting processes to achieve targeted results and work to enhance forecasting models, as necessary.
- Build the annual operating plan and coordinate process for the Protein business units to drive strategic growth.
- Review and consolidate annual operating plans and present to the Protein Division EVP and CFO as well as to executive leadership.
- Prepare long range pro forma financials for strategic and long-range planning.
- Direct the monthly preparation of the Business Performance Report and review results and variances with each business unit leadership and Protein Division Executive Vice President and CFO.
- Complete the Monthly Performance Review analysis which is presented to executive management (CEO, CFO, and others), and review with Protein President and CFO prior to presentation.
- Drive the monthly, quarterly, and year end reporting activities within OneStream for the Division.
- Maintain and analyze reporting for other critical areas including pricing, inflation, sourcing savings, productivity, and capital spending and provide insights to leaders for those areas (pricing, sourcing, continuous improvement).
- Investigate, understand, and create insightful, clear narratives for variances to forecast and plan.
- Identify opportunities to improve performance and proactively communicate with the businesses.
- Analyze and evaluate investment opportunities (acquisitions, capital spending, restructuring). Ensure investment assumptions are well reasoned and proposed investments meet corporate requirements.
- Work cross functionally (Finance, Tax, Treasury, Legal, etc.) to fully understand variances and complete analysis accurately and timely.
- Provide insightful analysis to functional teams (Sales, Product Line Management) to help drive business decisions.
- Build models to support financial plans and generate “what if” scenarios.
- Support with special projects and analysis as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance; Certified Public Accountant desired.
- Requires 5 – 7 years of experience preferably within an industrial products industry or public accounting firm.
- Prior experience in an international manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with large ERP and reporting systems such as Hyperion or OneStream.
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP, SOX, and SEC regulations.
- Full understanding of P&L management and all cash flow and balance sheet implications, including a demonstrated ability to assess risks and opportunities within complex business situations and drive improvements that increase free cash flow.
- A demonstrated track record of working with a high degree of integrity.
- The ability to build relationships with business and functional leaders across the company.
- Excellent analytical and forecasting skills and the ability to translate complex situations into information that will support the profitability and growth of the business.
- A strong problem solver who can effectively interface with all levels of employees in an international environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze the details, but also to be able to step back and "look at the big picture."
- Strong detail orientation.
- High energy and positivity with the ability to work collaboratively with virtual teams and processes that transcend regions.