Salary Mid-Point: $105,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
The office is located in Downtown Chicago. The team is working a hybrid work schedule, and the Business Analyst will be going into the office 2-3 times a week.
Job Description: Overall Position Summary/Purpose
The Business Analyst functions as a liaison between the Technology Services group and the business, ensuring that all business objectives are met. The Business Analyst is responsible for successfully documenting as well as overseeing the build and deployment of technology solutions delivered to the business and other end users.
The Business Analyst partners with the AVP of Operations and Technology Support to lead initiatives with diverse scope and addressing complex business problems. The Business Analyst acts as the primary interface between end users, management, and the appropriate technology groups. It is critical for the Business Analyst to understand the challenges stakeholders experience on an ongoing basis, including their business processes and general work environment.
Key Functions/Duties of Position: Describe the overall job responsibilities
• Understanding the overall business strategy and key objectives for area(s) of focus.
• Facilitating the complex process of understanding business needs, developing application solution ideas that can meet those needs, and brokering the final scope of solutions to be delivered to the business/end-user. This includes being able to relay the level or priority of various products
• Analyzing and documenting current workflows, identifying opportunities to meet project objectives, and making recommendations for future approaches
• Documenting findings from requirements definition sessions; effectively defining and communicating issues.
• Overseeing the creation and development of detailed written business requirements.
• Performing stakeholder analysis and documenting impacts/gap analysis of proposed changes, including high-level communications and training needs.
• Working with technology groups to translate business requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria.
• Developing user definitions, use cases and workflow diagrams to illustrate business problems.
• Identifying issues and escalating them as appropriate.
• Leading project meetings (e.g., business requirements review, testing strategy review, testing triage calls)
• Actively participating in formal presentations to a variety of management levels.
• Participating in UAT planning and execution and supporting the identification and resolution of defects with members of the Technology Delivery team and business partners.
• Working with appropriate teams to ensure appropriate training and end-user support is established to support systems implementation.
• Reporting on status of risks, decisions and issues.
• Bachelor's degree
• 3+ years or more of experience in insurance related industries
• Experience with business analysis and/or product development life cycle
• Knowledge and experience of project management methodologies
• Prior experience on the business side preferred
Please email your resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.