Our client, a large financial institution, is looking for an Accounting Director IV for a 12-month contract located in Toronto. This is an excellent opportunity for Accounting Director with a financial services background
As an Accounting Director IV your duties will include but note be limited to:
- Ensure that accounting results are accurate and timely for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing processes.
- Participating in GO Initiative which includes UAT (including Defect and Day 2) testing, parallel, cut-over and clean up work.
- Ensuring accounting treatment for securities are in line with regulatory requirements across multiple accounting bases (e.g. IFRS, USGAAP, Statutory, and Tax).
Qualifications required for the Accounting Director IV include:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, accounting or finance
- Has obtained or is actively pusuing a professional accounting designation (CPA/CA/CMA/CGA)
- Minimum 3 years experience in the investments/insurance industry, preferably within a securities accounting area
- Strong understanding of IFRS/USGAAP/NAIC in relation to investment accounting and reporting would be ideal.
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org today!