IFG's international food & beverage distribution client in downtown Chicago looking to grow their finance team with the addition of a Financial Controller. This person will direct and lead the Company's accounting function.
The role is an opportunity for an experienced finance and accounting professional to join a fast paced entrepreneurial organization that is passionate about food and seeks to continually use optimal business tools and innovative ways to deliver for their clients and customers. Their business teams are nimble, flexible and adaptive as to how we manage our business in competitive markets.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead Accounting Team across multiple business units located in the US, UK and Europe.
- Manage all aspects of accounting; billing, financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and various special analyses
- Establish and maintain documented system of accounting policies and operations
- Prepare periodic financial reporting for record and review
- Consolidate financial statements including currency translation adjustments.
- Evaluate credit worthiness of customers, manage credit lines and collections
- Continuously improve accounting department efficiencies, making use of current and new technology tools
- Recommend, develop, and implement solutions to accounting and financial problems.
- Manage general ledger conversion and accounting software integration tools
- Prepare ad hoc reporting and analyses
- Additional controller duties as needed
- Approximately 3 – 5 years of Controller experience, some spent in a CPG organization
- QuickBooks Online and NetSuite experience a must
- Strong foundation in accounting systems and excellent Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance; Master’s Degree in Accounting and/or CPA Required
- Self-motivated professional, well-organized
- Must be goal oriented and willing to go the extra mile to meet deadlines.
- A team player who is personable, has a strong work ethic and experience managing and motivating a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills