IFG's real estate client, located in downtown Chicago, is looking to hire an Accounting Manager. If you are already in a Manager capacity, but looking for more, or are you Senior Accountant looking to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Coming with 2 direct reports, this role will manage approximately $45M a month of IT spend across the organization.
The role reports to the Senior Accounting Manager. One day a week in the office downtown (there is a shuttle from all major train stations to their building).
Real estate experience, CPA and/or advanced degree, and IT accounting experience not required, but a nice to have. What is required is a strong accountant with excellent personality, drive, determination, and leadership skills.
- Oversee and manage the companies IT cost recognition processes
- Serve as the main point-of-contact in these areas to identify pain points, increase controls, improve processes, and develop and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional teams including FP&A, Corporate Accounting, Finance Operations, etc.
- Analyze actual results and investigate inconsistencies and errors
- Ensure financial close and reporting deadlines are met
- Identify and implement process improvements, we are a fast-growing company and consistently reinventing our processes to keep pace with our growth to ensure scalability
- Provide accounting guidance and support to business leaders on various topics including software capitalization, and other ad-hoc requests
- Serve as a liaison between controllership and other Finance and business groups from across various regions to establish accounting processes
- Lead and coach a team of high-performing accounting professionals
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Public accounting experience preferred
- CPA preferred