Company: Consulting Firm (private equity, middle market)l M&A Transaction Advisory
Industry: M&A, transaction advisory (private equity)
Location - Company: Chicago Loop
Location - Work: Primarily in the office (collaboration with colleagues); very limited travel to clients (0% for most staff – 20% max)
Position: Financial and Transaction Analysis: Staff (0-2 years); Senior (2 – 4 years); Associate (4 – 7 years)
Compensation: Up to $100,000 base salary plus 10% target bonus for Associate
Summary (role overview)
Our client specializes in strategic M&A advisory and business growth in private equity, investment banking and portfolio companies.
We are seeking multiple high potential candidates at varying levels of experience including: Staff Financial Analysts (0 – 2 years); Senior Financial Analysts (2 – 4 years); and Associates (4 – 7 years). All levels will be responsible for providing financial analysis, modeling and business process support in client engagements. This position will also serve as a key customer liaison during software implementation projects by providing implementation and training support.
- Analyze operational and financial data to provide insights into clients’ business performance
- Support client due diligence efforts with financial modeling, analysis and data reviews
- Deliver presentations to clients regarding performance, findings and recommendations
- Advise and support the implementation of key business processes with clients
- Serve as a partner with client business end-users during software implementations
- Partner with internal software development team in testing and troubleshooting features and functionality
- Provide training to client end-users on use of software and best practices
- Assist on due diligence and financial modeling for internal acquisition targets
- Assist in development of operating and long-term plans for clients and internal businesses
Key Success Attributes
Our client is a scaling company in the business management services and technology space. We care about results and are all eager to jump in and get our hands dirty. Important competencies to effectively perform this role include:
- Self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong working knowledge of computer software, such as MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, etc.
- Experience with business intelligence and/or planning and budgeting software applications
- Ability to use data analysis to develop insights and hypothesis vs. reporting numbers
- Ability to influence and drive consensus across organizational functional areas
- Capable of multi-tasking across projects of varying scope and complexity
- Able to deal with ambiguity
Attitude, Academic, Experience Targets:
- Strong can-do attitude, resilience in the face of change, and a passion for learning and creating.
- Undergraduate B.S. degree (Finance or Accounting)
- Staff Analyst: Minimum 2+ years of relevant financial analytical and budgeting experience
- Senior Financial Analyst: Minimum 3+ years of relevant financial analytical and budgeting experience
- Associate: 4+ years of relevant financial analytical and budgeting experience
- Worked in cross-functional environments
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org.