IFG's Fortune 500 client is targeting a high potential Staff Accountant for their growing team.
Responsibilities will include accounting and reporting activities and transition accounting work into the domestic team.
- Review, process, gather, and compile accounting transactions and documents throughout the month for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with general accounting principles and established internal control policies and procedures.
- Provide financial data extraction, insight, and analysis.
- Completion of the end-to-end cycles for accounting, bookkeeping, and reporting
- Processing ACHs and Wires for Captives, booking banking transactions into Quickbooks and preparing reconciliations.
- Working on monthly, quarterly and yearly tax data entry.
- Review and coordinate work performed by the offshore accounting center close team.
- Enhance and improve processes.
- Maintain and update system documentation and training materials.
- Adhere to regulatory and client reporting requirements.
- Support SOX compliance efforts.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or partial progress
- One to two years of experience in corporate accounting or public accounting.
- Strong Excel skills (lookups, pivot tables, intermediate functions)
- Good working knowledge of accounting standards
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.