Senior Tax Analyst
IFG's client downtown Chicago is seeking TWO Senior Tax Analyst roles. These roles will report to a Senior Tax Manager and be part of the Operations Group, which is the team that is responsible for the filing of tax returns, provisions, quarterly reporting, tax estimates, and more. This will be mostly a remote role, but their office is in downtown Chicago, and only going in on an as needed basis.
Compensation is $80K - $95K base plus 15% bonus.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior Tax Analyst will assist with the preparation, recording and reporting of the Companies federal taxes in the quarterly and annual financial statements. In addition, this individual will be responsible for the preparation of income and non-income tax returns of the companies. This includes assistance with all compliance matters related to federal taxes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assist with the calculation of the Company's federal tax expense, reconcile federal tax account balances, prepare federal tax basis balance sheet adjustments, prepare federal FIN 48 and FAS 109 supporting workpapers, schedules and calculations, including federal valuation allowances, execution of all federal related SOX controls, and U. S. and non - U. S. international tax filings
- Prepare workpapers, schedules, calculations and other items related to federal tax return filings as well as estimated tax payments, extension payments and tax sharing settlements
- Support IRS exam process, administration and drafting of responses to tax notices and preparation and filing of amended federal tax returns
- Calculate interest expense on federal tax deficiencies, preparation of all supporting workpapers, schedules and calculations, and collaborate with other groups to ensure interest is properly reflected in financials
- Prepare workpapers and calculations supporting the tax portions of the latest estimates and long range plans
- Assist with implementation of changes in tax laws, process improvements, planning opportunities, and other ad hoc projects
- Assist with technical research supporting tax positions taken in federal tax filings, including drafting of written memorandums
- Undergraduate Accounting or other financial discipline
- At least 5 years related experience including 3 or more years of professional tax experience focusing on large publicly traded corporations, including a combination of industry and public accounting experience
- Familiarity with all major areas of federal and state tax law
- Appreciation of the impact of taxes on the financial statements
- Good research, writing and communication skills
- 40 hours of ongoing annual continuing professional education will be required of all professionals in the Department (at the Companys expense)
- Energy industry experience is desirable, though not at the expense of a broad base of experience.
- Certified Public Accountant or other financial certification and/or advanced degree (MST)