Salary Mid-Point: $90,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
Senior FP&A Analyst, Commercial to join the team!
Reporting to the FP&A Manager, this position will develop, implement and maintain an effective planning and analysis capability that will provide senior leadership with appropriate analytical tools to establish goals and measure performance of the Company’s portfolio of businesses
- Routinely communicate business unit financial performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics. Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications
- Lead scenario modeling efforts for the development and growth of the portfolio. Participate as a key thought leader of the global finance team, influencing decision making, identifying finance priorities, and working with Commercial and Operational teams to execute initiatives
- Develop and execute processes to allow for routine analytical reviews of company financial and operational performance, leveraging business unit analytical resources and tools
- Lead the strategic aspects of the annual operating plan and budget process for the relevant business unit
- Prepare presentations in support of board and shareholder meetings, monthly/quarterly senior leadership meetings and various strategic committees of the company.
- Coordinate capital review meetings, pre-review vetting process and all aspects of formal capital appropriation request (CAR) documentation
- Support the strategic business planning process
- Participate in the financial modeling and due diligence efforts related to the company's ongoing M&A activities.
- Monitor competitive dynamics of the sectors (liaise with sector associates)
- Other duties/projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or a related field required; MBA (a plus)
- Effectively synthesize and communicate analyses in writing (presentations, memos)
- Good business acumen with a proven ability to understand business priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build very good working relationships with managers, coworkers, and customers
- Able to deal properly with sensitive and confidential information
- Must be committed to continuous improvement
- Strong Excel skills; Cognos reporting (a plus)