IFG's client, is hiring a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant is responsible for the completion and maintenance of key general ledger balance sheet accounts, recording of monthly general ledger transactions, and analysis and reconciliation of selected general ledger accounts. This position requires excellent communication and strong data management skills in addition to proactively contributing to process change improvements. This Senior Accountant reports to the Manager, Accounting.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Month End Close
• Complete journal entries in Oracle for all areas assigned in the month end close process within due dates.
• Proactively analyze results for all areas assigned to identify issues and contribute to a timely and appropriate resolution.
• Research and analyze location income statements and general ledger accounts per requests from hotel directors and management.
• Correct problems such as miscoding or improperly booked entries.
• Actively work with the field operations to identify reporting improvements and to continuously improve internal service levels.
• Perform account reconciliations for a portion of the balance sheet chart of accounts as needed.
• Complete reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner on a monthly basis.
• Prepare requested schedules and assist in follow up research required to complete the quarterly and annual internal and external audits.
• Ensure compliance with SOX 404 controls and perform other ad-hoc requests for accounting as needed.
• Assist the Corporate Finance function in improving processes and procedures for more efficiency and effectiveness in reporting and analysis.
• Actively participate in special projects as assigned.
• Bachelors and/or Masters in Accounting
• Certified Public Accountant preferred
• 5 + years of general/staff accounting experience
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Experience with Oracle or similar ERP software
• Advanced ability/proficient with Excel; comfortable working with/analyzing large data sets
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com