We are actively recruiting a Payroll Analyst to compile, compute, review, process, and post employee time, changes and other payroll data to computerized payroll system. The Payroll Analyst may also prepare additional deductions, ensure proper accounting distribution, assist with governmental reporting and compliance, coordinate and process irregular payments (e.g., draws, bonus payments, commissions), and assist employees with payroll matters.
Responsibilities of the Payroll Analyst
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information in designated records.
- Compute wages and deductions including federal and state or provincial taxes, union dues, savings, and other deductions, and enters data into payroll system.
- Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Record employee information, including exemptions, transfers, and resignations to maintain and update payroll records.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Enter new commission plans, plan modifications and calculation adjustments into commissions database.
- Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to payroll process.
- Provide information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, PTO accrual balances and overall direction on the time and attendance system.
Requirements of the Payroll Analyst
- At least 3 years of experience in payroll processing, and HRIS systems.
- Proficient with Excel and comfortable working with ERP systems.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com.
IFG is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.