IFG's client is ranked as one Fortune's list of "Most Admired Companies," and has an immediate need for an Internal Audit Manager. There company culture is one of kindness and teamwork. For a promotion opportunity standpoint, there will be opportunities to move up in the group vertically or move out into the business.
Officially they are in a hybrid working model and set expectations of working their Blue Line accessible office 2-days a week, but the final schedule is established based on the Directors discretion.Job Overview
This role will be responsible for performing SOX internal audit controls testing specific to SOX control framework to determine control design and operating effectiveness and working with the process owners to remediate control deficiencies. This role will also assist with new control development and implementation, changes and improvements to existing controls, and identify opportunities to improve business process and overall control environment. This role will collaborate with other cross-functional teams and management throughout the organization and will be required to gain a thorough understanding of the company operations through process walkthrough and review/ support preparation of proper documentation. This role will act as a change agent to facilitate management to identify the best practice and improvement opportunities, implement sustainable processes, monitor progress and evaluate the result as applicable.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Actively manage the SOX audit work plan to review systems, processes, practices and controls throughout Komatsu in line with the company’s audit procedures and principles of internal auditing.
- Supervise and guide audit staff to ensure compliance with deadlines and audit practices. Provide insight and interpretation on findings or questions identified in the SOX audit process.
- Interact and interview process owners and subject matter experts using a consultative approach.
- Facilitate the development of audit observations, recommendations and corrective action on a timely basis. Elevate or escalate observations as appropriate.
- Provide Management with periodic status reports and the types of non-conformances found.
- Maintain and manage communication with the external audit team, including alignment of scope, timing and observations.
- Assist in coordinating and managing communication and reporting with the Internal Audit team from our Japanese parent, Komatsu Limited.
- Research GAAP/IFRS/SOX regarding appropriate financial reporting and governance application.
- Apply observation, critical thought, audit best practices, data analytics and audit software such as ACL or Microsoft Excel to analyze and evaluate information and draw conclusions.
- Assist with recruiting initiatives to help maintain our In-house Internal Audit SOX team.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Information Technology.
- CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of audit and financial management controls, practices and approaches and GAAP and SOX/SOX requirements.
- 3+ years of prior audit experience in public accounting or with a large global manufacturing company.
- Strong critical thinking and intuitive problem-solving approach. Constructive professional skepticism and inquisitiveness. Continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Project Management experience.
- Ability to travel 25-40% of the time.
- Ability to establish, build and maintain relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Familiar with software applications such as SAP, Microsoft Office and Audit Command Language (ACL).