IFG's technology client is hiring a Lead Accountant for a role in their expanding department. This company boasts a great culture and strong retention.
The Lead Accountant role will support the preparation of GAAP financial statements. This position will assist in the timely completion and analysis of financial results and accounting transactions, leading an efficient close process, and understanding the internal and external requirements to ensure accurate reporting. You will work cross-functionally and wear a few hats.
- Apply analytical skills and professional judgement while analyzing and reviewing complex transactions.
- Serve as subject matter resource to the team and perform technical research as well as prepare documentation of accounting issues and proposed guidance.
- Review and verify the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications; including review procedures over journal entries prepared by less experienced associates.
- Help to ensure team's compliance with all Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements for assigned areas, ensuring that internal controls are designed appropriately and operating effectively.
- Analyze financial reports and records, making both accounting and operational improvement recommendations
- Review, research, and recommend improvements to financial and operational processes, analysis, reporting, and systems ensuring adherence to GAAP.
- Support external and internal audit requests.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or closely related field.
- Strong knowledge of technical accounting / U.S. GAAP.
- Five 4 or more years of public accounting firm or hands on accounting experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensure strongly preferred.
- Experience working with or within a public company with SEC reporting and SOX control requirements.
- Experience with SAP.