Company/Industry - Manufacturing
Seniority Level - Senior/Staff Auditor II
Employment Type - Full Time
Location - Northern Suburbs (Hybrid)
IFG's Fortune 500 client in a manufacturing industry is looking for an Internal Auditor to be part of their highly valued Internal Audit team. This role provides really good visibility, growth, and recognition throughout the organization. The ideal candidate will lead, collaborate, and participate in various audits with the team of internal auditors and external resources.
- Responsible for project management for all aspects of audits
- Collaborate with team on financial, operational, compliance, and integrated audits for all the business entities
- Creates well organized and complete audit evidence and documentation in a manner consistent with department standards & audit methodology
- Participates in process and project level risk assessments to identify significant risks and the related controls
- Partners with functional business partners and the external audit team to analyze and evaluate control deficiencies, remediation plans and the impact to the financial statements
- Prepares, reviews, and discusses written reports to all levels of management and recommends corrective actions in conjunction with project lead and/or manager
- Completes assigned audits/audit tasks using department tools pursuant to department guidelines and within established milestones, with high-quality results. Discusses findings and solutions with management and audit management
- Reviews process documentation and perform walkthroughs and test of controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404
- Communicates with client personnel from various departments and locations and participates in or leads project opening, status, and closing meeting
- Serves as a project lead on occasion and is responsible for daily management of project
- Builds and maintains strong relationships by demonstrating knowledge of business environment, and provides process improvement recommendations
- Provides supervision, guidance and training for newer staff auditors
- Handles basic issues and problems and works with a manager, project lead, or audit supervisor, as applicable, on more complex concerns, issues, and decisions
- Prepares process documentation, flow charts and narratives
- Knowledge in the areas of accounting/finance, business, or systems with 1-5 years of applicable experience in internal auditing and/or public accounting or equivalent
- Requires an undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, economics, or acceptable equivalent.
- CPA, CIA, CFE preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel (the overall average for the year is around 30%, with the bulk being during busy season, May-October).
Please send your resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration