IFG's client, a real estate investment and asset management firm is looking for an Accountant to join their team. This is a newly-created role due to growth. This is a high visible role that will be wearing multiple hats and manage the full cycle accounting for a portfolio of assigned properties. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company!
- Responsible for full-cycle accounting for portfolio of properties
- Prepare and enter journal entries for month-end close
- Support property managers in your portfolio with rent roll corrections, tenant balances corrections, review and assistance as needed
- Support Accounting Manager and Controller in all aspects of accounting
- Review and ensure payables have accurate GL codes and proper approvals
- Review and process expense approvals
- Analyze variances, review ledger details and record adjusted entries on assigned accounts
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Assist in year-end audits and tax preparation work
- Assist in other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of experience in general accounting (preferably in real estate or not-for-profit)
- Advanced Excel experience
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.