Job Title: Senior Revenue Accountant (contract)
- This is not a General Ledger accounting position.
Company Location: Northbrook, IL (near north Chicago suburbs) – Commutable by Metra train from downtown Chicago
Work Location: Chicago, IL; Overland Park, KS
Note: Remote currently and hybrid upon return to office.
Industry: Service Industry
This position is accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, monitoring expenses, ensuring accuracy in project billings issued to customers and appropriate revenue recognition. The Revenue Accountant will also be responsible for the setup and monitoring of capital projects.
- Basic understanding of end-to-end process flows between Oracle Order Management and/or Salesforce, integrating with Oracle Project Accounting and subsequent fulfillment systems such as OpenAir and PSA
- Accurately determines revenue recognition methodology based on contractual arrangements with customers
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders
- Create deliverable actions for Billing and Revenue
- Schedule, generate and release revenue for projects
- Review, monitor & adjust labor and expenditures to ensure accuracy of subsequent customer invoicing
- Review, monitor & adjust projects to ensure synchronization of revenue & invoicing upon project completion
- Perform revenue adjustments / modifications as required
- Create and release billing events to be imported to AR
- Act as a Liaison between Operational staff and AR department to initiate credit memos, billing & billing adjustments based on contract
- Investigate & resolve GL, PA and AR exceptions
- Assist GL Accounting with monthly reconciliations of accounts as directed
- Monitor and support unbilled & unearned accounting balances
- Act as a Liaison between business division leadership as well as Business Unit (BU) and business Division Finance team
- Provide BU with monthly revenue and forecast report
- Review Backlog to assist in determining gaps and pro-actively identify revenue opportunities (milestones, missing renewals, etc.
- Capital project creation, control, reporting and assist Accounting with the capitalization
- Assist with data gathering for internal and external auditors, as required
- Support/IT Service Ticket analysis and resolution under the direction of the Project Accounting Domain Owner, Global Project Admins
- Recommend and implement process improvements for billing and revenue
What makes you a great fit:
- University degree in Accounting & Finance or Business Administration or an equivalent educational background
- Brings at least 3 years of hands on experience with accounting such as project accounting
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Strong collaboration skills
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall at email@example.com.