IFG's client is ranked as one Fortune's list of "Most Admired Companies," and has an immediate need for two additional Senior Accountants. There company culture is one of kindness and teamwork. For a promotion opportunity standpoint, there will be opportunities to move up in the group vertically or move out into the business. This position offers a partially remote schedule to multiple locations.
One opportunity to join their corporate consolidations team, while the other will focus more technical accounting.
- Work collaboratively with group finance contacts to standardize reporting and accounting conclusions, drive process improvements and efficiencies in the consolidation and financial reporting process.
- Preparation of specific footnotes and other supplemental financial schedules that support and provide additional detail to the key financial statements.
- Participate in the financial month-end close process, preparing and posting journal entries, accruals, allocations and charge-backs.
- Complete balance sheet account reconciliations accurately and timely to substantiate the account balances, additionally perform timely investigation and resolution of any reconciling items.
- Prepare consolidation entries including intercompany eliminations, equity/investment, profit-in-inventory, and reporting reclassifications.
- Perform creation of new, and changes to existing SAP master data as it pertains to mapping of accounts, cost centers, profit centers and functional areas amongst others, as these are key to our organization’s financial reporting structure.
- Assist in the research and the evaluation of technical accounting guidance for unique business transactions
- Preparation of key financial statements at the group level including income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows, showing comparisons to forecast, budget and prior year results. Furthermore, perform analytical review of said financials for variances and accuracy.
- Preparation of key financial statements at the segment level, by consolidating regional (management) and statutory results into finalized segment financial statements. with comparisons to forecast, budget and prior year. Furthermore, perform analytical review of said financials for variances and accuracy.
- Review SAP master data forms for completeness and accuracy and process required changes as outlined in the master data forms.
- Partner with key corporate functional leads to review monthly results, and understand future expectations related to their department(s) in order to develop accurate forecasts and budgets.
- Work with regional finance contacts to gather supporting data, analyze said data and ensure it is accurately reflected in the footnote schedules and other supplementary financial schedules for management reporting.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports, analysis and special projects as requested by management.
- Review the release of profit-in-inventory (PII) for all regions, ensuring the proper PII eliminations are recorded and gross margins are accurately reflected from an enterprise reporting perspective
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred.
- 3 + years of experience in an accounting or finance role at a global manufacturing company, or public accounting experience with manufacturing exposure.
- Ability to prepare financial statements and explain the results.
- SAP experience with exposure to profit centers, BI & BW reporting.
- General understanding of US GAAP, general financial management and best accounting practices.