Company Location: Northbrook (near north Chicago suburbs) – Commutable by Metra train from downtown Chicago
- Note 1: Remote working ongoing in Q1 until COVID pandemic allows safe work at office
- Note 2: Remote working (work-from-home) several days per week indefinitely
Job Title: Corporate Accountant
Industry: Service Industry
Compensation (target): Market
Under minimal supervision, performs more complex general accounting work in one or more Global Finance areas.
- Prepares financial statements and reconciles ledger accounts including journal entries, which require a detailed knowledge of fundamental and advanced accounting concepts.
- Plans, conducts, and may supervise complex assignments in areas of specialization within the division.
- May provide work direction to assigned lower level personnel and assist in the review and evaluation of assigned personnel.
- Applies detailed knowledge of fundamental and advanced concepts and practices in areas of specialization.
- Assists in the development of new or revised policies, procedures, and programs by performing research and analysis and developing and presenting recommendations.
- Communicates with management and employees regarding complex issues in areas of specialization. Explains and interprets policies, procedures, and practices. Recommends solutions to a variety of issues. Assists customers and other constituents.
- Develops a network of contacts with outside agencies and organizations to obtain, exchange, or provide information.
- Stays abreast of current trends and practices in areas of specialization.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline
- 4 years of general accounting experience
- Detailed knowledge of accounting theories and practices
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron at email@example.com.