The Cash Applications Specialist facilitates finance activities for the Finance Department. This position will process payments towards the balance on customer accounts using company payment sources. Other duties include deciding whether to accept a request for credit and ensuring there is a process for resolving problems. This role creates and applies manual cash receipts, process spreadsheets, and support auditor requests and reports directly to the Accounts Receivable Manager.
- Posts all incoming payments to correct customer accounts on a daily basis
- Inputs and retrieves data from computer systems and reconciles accounts daily
- Applies payments to customer accounts accurately and efficiently
- Responsible for accurate and timely payment analysis of contracts to determine that appropriate reimbursement is received.
- Proactively works with payers and in-house resources to identify and resolve issues that hinder optimal and correct account payment
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent, Associates or Bachelor degree preferred
- Experience in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Minimum 1-2 years of collections experience including interaction with a large customer base
- Excellent communication skills via telephone, video conferencing, email, etc. as interactions with client customers will be frequent
- Superior ability to prioritize and focus in a high-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to learn new technology software skills quickly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Access.
- Attention to details and commitment to accuracy
- Commitment to protecting client privacy
- Cooperative team player
- Extremely organized
- Client-centric approach to all matters