Industry: Manufacturing / Distribution (CPG)
Company Performance: Business up during COVID, strong growth continued during and post COVID.
Position: Finance Manager
Supervisor: Director, Financial Analytics
Location: Naperville, IL (west suburbs)
Work Location: Prefers team environment at office to learn and collaborate post COVID. Plan is 4 days in the office and 1 day work-from-home as a standard practice.
Interviews: Begin week of January 10, 2022
Compensation (target): Market
Job Overview / Summary:
The Finance Manager (or Senior Financial Analyst) is responsible for providing timely and accurate financial reporting and analyses on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to help support and drive the company’s corporate profitability and also distribution center and product line profitability. The position will develop, lead and manage operational analysis and ad hoc financial reporting.
Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Manages the financial analyst staff
- Manages delivery of production and ad hoc analysis.
- Ensures staff development and training.
- Resource allocation.
- Primary departmental areas of responsibility:
- Develops and maintains defined monthly sales reporting and margin analysis.
- Ensures contract compliance for major accounts
- Develops, maintains and executes profitability analysis to support sales bidding process for renewals of existing accounts and prospective new accounts
- Executes cost studies to support proposed sales, transportation, product line, service line initiatives.
- Develops and reporting sales performance compensation.
- Develops and maintains product line profitability reporting.
- Conducts accurate and timely analysis supporting significant capital decisions.
- Coordinates reporting with accounting.
- Participate in cross functional activities involving key business processes.
- Supports M&A analysis.
- Assists in preparation of materials for CFO presentations.
Key Technical and Cultural Skills:
- Technical: Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, accounting skills are a good foundation (FP&A also)
- Financial reporting: Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), create ad hoc reports
- Excel (advanced skills expected): V/H Lookups; pivot tables (create and maintain); logic formulas (e.g. sumifs), sorting, filtering, graphs, (not necessary to know macros or VBA)
- Software: SAP (ERP), BW (Business Warehouse)
- Cultural: Strong communication; cross-functional (need to communicate confidently with plants and operations teams); team player; work collaboratively (team) and individually (take initiative)
Monthly or other periodic duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepares and analyzes operational & performance metrics, financial reports, distribution center and regional reporting packages, including P&L schedules and graphs, detailed gross profit and operating expense schedules and variance analyses.
- Supports preparation of various ad-hoc analyses schedules, as needed.
- Communicates with members in the corporate finance department, various members of individual distribution centers, and regional management throughout the year.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume and contact information in Word format to Cameron Wall at email@example.com.