IFG's non-profit client is upgrading their audit department and looking for horsepower.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Internal Audit, the Internal Audit Manager will provide leadership and oversight of audit programs, specifically for central office/departmental operations, to ensure compliance with applicable audit standards, regulations, governmental requirements, and policies consistent with the strategic and operational objectives, mission and vision. The Internal Audit Manager must demonstrate a disciplined approach to decision making that is data-driven, agility to shifting demands and expectations of the district’s obligations, knowledge, skills, and experience necessary in the performance of internal audit services.
- Supervise, counsel, and evaluate individuals on a variety of work-related issues toward the continual improvement and overall management of performance within the department.
- Responsible for overall execution of audits which includes: identifying scope, developing audit programs, reviewing work papers, finalizing audit reports, and obtaining management action plans.
- Distribute reports on the results of reviews and audits including recommendations for modification of district management practices, fiscal policies, accounting, and operational procedures, and identifies opportunities for process improvements as justified by audit findings.
- Conduct risk-based audits, both scheduled and unscheduled, with a concentration on policies, procedures, and practices that relate to the control, safeguarding, and accountability for district funds and assets.
- Responsible for audit follow-up ensuring management action plans are completed timely and as agreed upon in the final report. Schedule audit follow-up meetings and validate supporting documentation to ensure findings can be closed. Prepare executive-level reporting on the status of open management action plans.
- Responsible for the coaching and supervision of audit staff.
- Assist in risk management activities including an annual refresh of the enterprise risk assessment, conducting risk assessment interviews, and preparing executive-level risk assessment materials.
- Ensure that internal audit methodology is consistently applied and documented.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, economics, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Active certification as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or other internal audit-related certifications, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related audit experience with either a "Big 4" accounting firm, a mid-level accounting firm and/or internal audit department.
- Two (2) years of progressive supervisory experience.
- Experience in working in education and the public sector is a plus.
- Experience with identifying risks, controls, and opportunities for improvements associated with business processes, developing and executing audit test plans, and drafting audit reports with summary results for executives.
- Experience working with data analytic tools and large ERP systems (Oracle, PeopleSoft) is preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience with Google Suite, MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org