Salary Mid-Point: $87,500
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
The Senior Accountant will be part of the Real Estate Accounting team and play a key role in various monthly and quarterly close processes including preparation of journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and financial statement analytics. This position also will assist in the preparation of reporting deliverables for the company's joint ventures. Further, the role will assist with the team’s finance responsibilities as needed such as performance results analytics, forecasting/budgeting, and reporting.
- Request and review various deliverables for joint ventures including financial statements, audit reports, and checklists.
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare analytics over significant account balances and joint venture financial statements.
- Prepare quarterly external reporting schedules and assist with reporting deliverables to joint venture partners.
- Assist with various monthly forecast and annual budget processes as needed.
- Review quarterly financial statements and annual statutory reports prepared by a third-party service provider.
- Establish and maintain relationships with colleagues and with our joint venture partners.
- 3-5 years of experience in corporate accounting, public accounting, or equivalent business/financial role
- Bachelor’s and/or Masters’ Degree in accounting, finance, or business
- Certified Public Accountant highly preferred
- Advanced Excel required
- Financial ERP systems experience required (Oracle and/or Hyperion)
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.