Pay Rate: $0
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Contract
This is a hybrid role located in their Deerfield, IL offices (4 days in the office/1 day remote weekly).
This role is responsible for preparing and reviewing the month end consolidation of Corporation's financial statements, establishing accounting policies and consistent processes among the businesses and act as a key resource to the business on technical accounting or other related accounting matters. This position will also support other corporate wide accounting and finance initiatives such as software implementations or development of reporting. This role reports to the Corporate Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, review, and lead the financial consolidation of the company's financial statements. Manage or perform various month end close duties including the review of business unit financial statements and various consolidation checks.
- Manage corporate general ledger, prepare/review journal entries and prepare/review account reconciliations.
- Identify areas for improvements such as internal controls or accounting procedures, implement new internal controls or procedures accordingly to drive efficiencies or complete and accurate reporting.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to internal and external constituencies.
- Act as a key liaison with the various Reedy business units in the areas of technical accounting, internal controls, consolidation, accounting process, or other finance and accounting topics.
- Review, document, implement and communicate the enforcement of correct and appropriate accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP.
- Provide technical US GAAP technical assistance to the Reedy's business units and provide research and recommendations to the Corporate Controller on accounting matters and where necessary prepare or assist with accounting position papers.
- Provide guidance, training, and support, for the site's accounting personnel to ensure that reporting and compliance objectives are achieved while supporting talent development initiatives and performance.
- Drive intercompany out-of-balance reconciliation process, recommend and implement improvements to the process.
- Assist with corporate wide finance initiatives such as consistent reporting, acquisition, or integration support, or various system implementations.
- Accounting/finance degree and CPA - MBA preferred
- Previous experience managing accounting personnel desired
- 8+ years of public accounting or experience working in a private equity owned company preferred
- Technical accounting of US GAAP required
- Experience in a multi-project based company preferably in construction, engineering, or other project-based industry experience
- Experience and demonstrated % of completion accounting desired
- Systems savvy with implementation experience preferred
- Proficiency in G/L, business intelligence and reporting tools preferred
- MS Office suite proficiency required