IFG's client is growing and is targeting an accounting professional with purchase agreement experience to for their growing accounting team. This is a highly visible role within the organization. The responsibilities will include reviewing purchase agreements, working with outside valuation experts and auditors. The M&A Accounting Manager work on accounting projects such as system implementations, account reconciliations and other technical accounting.
- Identify and articulate complex purchase accounting requirements to due diligence team, legal, accounting and acquired teams.
- Be the technical subject matter expert on purchase accounting, process, and policy
- Prepare documentation for external auditor review.
- Partnering with third party valuation firms on preparation of various valuation reports for accounting purposes.
- Introduce target companies
- Build financial integration plans.
- Own the chart of account setup process for newly acquired subs, including the legal entity structure.
- Oversee all ongoing acquisition-related accounting activities including earnouts, deferred consideration and associated indemnifications, working capital settlement, holdback payments and certain period-end close and financial reporting activities associated with acquisitions.
- Lead efforts to automate subsidiary mapping and trial balance upload.
- Bachelors in Accounting (or closely related field) required.
- Minimum of 5 years professional accounting experience, with 3+ years preferred in public accounting along with large corporate accounting experience strongly preferred
- CPA strongly preferred
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org