Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor (not SOX)
Company Location: Northbrook (near north Chicago suburbs) – Commutable by Metra train from downtown Chicago
- Note 1: Remote working 100% at least through 1/3/22
- Note 2: Remote working (work-from-home) several days per week indefinitely
Industry: Service Industry
Compensation (target): Market
Plans, executes and supervises financial, operational and information systems audit engagements to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control processes. Identifies internal control issues/opportunities by reviewing internal controls, testing transactions, and analyzing data and recommends high value-added improvements to management. Communicates business risks, control issues/opportunities, and recommendations via reports. Provides input into the risk assessment process. Provides input into the project management for audits, including planning, staffing, scheduling, coordinating, report development, and performance assessment.
- Executes audit programs to achieve audit objectives by performing audit steps, coordinating audit activity, and preparing documentation.
- Develops, reviews, edits, and submits audit reports and work papers that support audit conclusions and high value-added improvement recommendations.
- Cooperates with outside auditors in support of the external audit.
- Plans, executes and supervises complex audit assignments. Works under general supervision.
- Trains and develops audit staff and provides input into the performance review process.
- Communicate recommendations to auditors and department management.
- Travels as necessary to conduct audits.
- Provides project management on audits and provides direction and guidance to audit staff.
- Assists in the development of risk assessment.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify an issue through planning, inquiry, testing and/or analysis that later developed into a recommendation that created high customer value.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Public accounting experience with a Big 4 or middle-market firm, minimum three (3) years of overall audit-related experience, and one (1) year of internal audit experience
- Business process and advisory experience will be considered as a plus
- Academic background in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer-centric mindset and an aptitude for creative problem solving
- CPA, CIA, or CISA certificate, will be considered as a plus
- Fluency in other languages in addition to English will be considered as a plus
- Traveling up to 15 % might be required (per Company’s safety policy)
- Visa/sponsorship is not provided by Company
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall at email@example.com.