Job Title: Senior Accountant
Employment: Full-time with benefits
Global Company: Headquartered in Chicago
Company Location: Downtown Chicago Loop
Industry: Financial Services / Insurance
Salary Target: $75,000-$85,000 plus a bonus
Work Experience: 2 - 4 years
The Senior Accountant position is part of the Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR) team, within the Company’s corporate controller organization. The FAR team leads Company’s financial close process, driving efficient accounting and related analysis, along with meaningful internal and external reporting. The team’s responsibilities encompass property & casualty (P&C) and life & group insurance, reinsurance, and corporate & HR accounting, as well as SEC/GAAP and Statutory reporting. The role provides opportunities to collaborate across business units and utilize new technologies, as we strive to continually enhance and improve processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monthly close and related accounting processes and analysis (e.g. financial statement analysis, journal entries, reconciliation)
- Preparing quarterly/annual statutory and/or GAAP financial statements and schedules/exhibits in compliance with SEC, FASB, NAIC and other regulatory requirements, and monthly internal financial results packages.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors and performs controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
- Prepares schedules, analyzes variances, and provides analytical support
- Implementing, reporting, and communicating the impact of business and accounting related initiatives on assigned processes and financial statements
- Working collaboratively within the team, across the department, and individuals external to Company
- Participates in and helps identify process improvement projects, including furthering use of technology to streamline processes
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of corporate, departmental and/or specialty accounting practices, procedures and principles as they relate to the organization, business unit and industry
- General knowledge of GAAP and statutory accounting principles
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems, including processing systems and applications
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects effectively as well
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with staff at all levels
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and ability to work independently
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in accounting or finance
- Typically a minimum of three years of work experience in accounting/finance related role
- CPA or CPA eligible preferred
- Public accounting experience a plus
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.