Job Title: Senior Accountant – Life & Group/International Accounting
Employment: Full-time with benefits
Global Company: Headquartered in Chicago
Company Location: Downtown Chicago Loop
Industry: Financial Services / Insurance
Salary Target: $75,000 - $85,000 plus a bonus
Work Experience: 2 - 4 years
Interviews Begin: Week of November 8, 2021
The Senior Accountant position is part of Corporate Financial Services (CFS) which is in the corporate controller’s organization. The group leads Company’s financial close process, driving efficient accounting and related analysis, along with meaningful internal and external reporting. The group’s responsibilities encompass property & casualty and life & group insurance, reinsurance, and corporate accounting, as well as technical advisory, financial control, services operations, and SEC/GAAP and Statutory reporting.
This role provides opportunities to collaborate across business units and utilize new technologies, as we strive to continually enhance and improve processes.
The Life & Group/International Team is responsible for overseeing the accounting for our Long-Term Care Segment as well as partnering with our International Finance Teams in accounting and reporting for our International Segment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monthly close and related accounting processes and analysis (e.g. financial statement analysis, journal entries, reconciliation).
- Contributes to the implementation of new accounting standards, working on cross-functional teams to understand, apply, and operationalize the impacted accounting and processes.
- Participates in and helps identify process improvement projects, including furthering use of technology to streamline processes.
- Preparing quarterly/annual statutory and/or GAAP financial statements and schedules/exhibits in compliance with SEC, FASB, NAIC and other regulatory requirements, and monthly internal financial results packages.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors and performs controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Prepares and presents analytical schedules, analyzes variances, and provides analytical support for internal requests.
- Implementing, reporting, and communicating the impact of business and accounting related initiatives on assigned processes and financial statements.
- Working collaboratively within the team, across the department, and individuals external to COMPANY.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- General knowledge of GAAP and statutory accounting principles.
- Basic knowledge of corporate, departmental and/or specialty accounting practices, procedures and principles as they relate to the organization, business unit and industry.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems, including processing systems and applications.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with staff at all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and ability to work independently.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in accounting or finance.
- Typically a minimum of three years of work experience in accounting/finance related role.
- CPA or CPA eligible preferred.
- Public accounting experience a plus.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron at email@example.com.