IFG's client, a $3B+ global company located Downtown Chicago, is looking for a Director of Accounting to join their Corporate Accounting team! The company is comprised of decentralized business units with manufacturing plants worldwide. This role and the Corporate Accounting team sit in the corporate office located Downtown Chicago. The Director of Accounting will manage a team of four accounting professionals and provide accounting expertise and oversight to the business units. This role will report directly to the Corporate Controller with frequent exposure to other C-suite level executives.
The Director of Corporate Accounting who will play a critical leadership role in the finance and accounting function to support the Company’s strategic priorities. The Director of Corporate Accounting is responsible for the accurate and timely accounting of consolidated financial results, overseeing the preparation of value-added internal management reporting as well as required external reporting to our lenders and the Board of Directors. This position, reporting to the Corporate Controller, partners with the corporate functional teams and the business unit accounting teams to add value.
- Own the accounting transactions, policies and close processes
- Coordinate the consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual closing process
- Manage the quarterly process with the company’s third-party external share price valuation advisor
- Collaborate with the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis on the Corporate Plan and Forecast processes, as well as the compilation of the consolidated Plan and Forecasts
- Supervise the accounting team including the key activities of corporate accounting, monthly consolidation and external reporting
- Oversee the quarterly and annual reports for communication to external parties, including recurring BOD presentations for the CFO and CEO
- Support the Manager, Accounting Projects & Technical Research with the pending adoption of new accounting standards company-wide including most prominently ASC 842
- Support the Manager of Accounting Projects & Technical Research in management of the annual external audit process
- Develop and maintain company-wide accounting policies and work with Internal Audit to maintain the corporate level internal control framework
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and a CPA certification is required
- 12+ years of professional accounting experience with an exposure to technical accounting, including international operations, the preparation of GAAP consolidated financial statements, external financial reporting and internal controls
- In-depth knowledge and mastery of US GAAP
- ERP experience