This is a newly created role and will be the right hand to the CFO.
The Assistant Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) will lead the financial planning and analysis function of the Accounting Department to ensure proper operation of budgeting, analysis, and reporting exists and is maintained for the organization. They will have overall responsibility for the activities related to standard monthly reporting and analysis of results at the organization level and at the departmental/cost center level. The Assistant Director of FP&A will develop effective dashboard tools and scorecards for individual departments and programs, highlighting the most pertinent operating metrics and Key Performance Indicators. They will work closely with department leaders to establish cost center budgets and to provide feedback on actual performance versus budget. The Assistant Director of FP&A will assist in developing corrective action plans for departments missing their financial deliverables.
The Assistant Director of FP&A will work closely with other members of the Accounting Department to ensure the organization is prepared for all external audits. They will also support various ad-hoc requests, budget development for new programs, and the ongoing maintenance of analytical tools.
- Work directly with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to ensure the accounting and finance functions of the organization are working together and operating at full efficiency and capacity.
- Provide accurate and timely financial information to facilitate decision-making within the organization. Keep leadership informed about the organization’s financial performance.
- Provide effective supervision and coaching to all assigned employees. Assist in training new employees to provide extraordinary customer service to all internal/external clients. Ensure continued education and training for employees to strengthen services provided and facilitate employee proficiency in their assigned role and for continuous improvement.
- Ensure that adequate controls are in place and operating effectively. Collaborate with the Accounting Department to develop and maintain policies, procedures, and guidelines. Recommend and implement improvements in processes and control procedures, as needed.
- Resolve complex accounting issues in collaboration with accounting leadership and external auditors. Assist with the execution of all financial and grant related audit reviews.
- Communicate appropriate guidance to Accounting employees to ensure the monthly close process is consistent, accurate, and completed in a timely fashion.
- Develop appropriate short-term and long-term cash flow forecasting tools. Monitor cash inflow from Medicaid and Grant Revenues earned; and outbound spending levels (i.e. payroll, accounts payable, debt requirements, other recurring obligations) to ensure a safe level of cash is available to support the organization’s operations.
- Ensure that financial results align with budget expectations. Assist the leadership team to understand variance to budget levels of revenue and expense. Assist with preparation of recommendations and corrective action plans to ensure the organization is positioned to achieve the projected financial performance.
- Perform other related duties and/or projects as assigned.