IFG's client is hiring a Tax Manager to support a national industrial real-estate development platform. The ideal candidate will have a financial and tax accounting background, interpersonal skills, and real estate industry experience. The Tax Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the income tax accounting and reporting process.
The individual will be based in their downtown Chicago office and will report to the Tax Director.
- Manage multiple U.S. service providers and income tax compliance, including detailed review of all tax returns.
- Participate in strategic tax planning around advising investment personnel in structuring complex real estate transactions around tax considerations.
- Assist with tax process and technology improvement initiatives.
- Manage business processes and/or projects, as well as helping to set priorities and measurable objectives, related to all tax-related matters.
- Assist with the management of legal entities.
- Assist accounting staff with all aspects relating to tax compliance and planning, including adjusting journal entries.
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc analyses which are determined by senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Master’s Degree in Taxation or related field; CPA required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of partnership income tax experience.
- Strong background in federal, state and local income taxation for commercial and development real estate required.
- REIT experience a plus but not required.
- Yardi experience is preferred but not required.