We are actively recruiting an Accounts Payable Associate responsible for entering accounting transactions across multiple clients. This includes, but is not limited to, processing vendor payable invoices, payment processing, cash management, and various other duties as assigned. The Accounts Payable Associate must be able to effectively communicate with employees and maintain a positive working relationship when addressing problems and coming up with solutions.
Responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Associate
- Reviewing & processing invoices for payment by entering the amounts, quantities, dates and other pertinent invoice data into general ledger system
- Code invoices and expenses to the proper general ledger accounts; correct any incorrect coding
- Verify that the invoice matches the purchase orders and requests for payment
- Research & resolve any discrepancies
- Reviewing & processing vouchers, garnishments and other check requests
- Verifying check amounts and preparing ledger entries prior to check runs
- Reviewing internal purchase orders and check requests for accuracy and that proper approvals have been obtained
- Perform check runs and ensure payment information is accurate and current
- Maintain vendor files to ensure accurate billing information and documentation has been received and is on file
- Review account statements and follow up on any missing invoices or discrepancies to the statement compared to general ledger
- Answer vendor inquiries regarding payment information (payment status, amount, invoices paid, payment method, etc.)
Requirements of the Accounts Payable Associate
- Minimum of a 2-year Associates degree in Business or Accounting is required
- Experience with accounts payable entry and payment processing
- Experience with online banking portals
- Possess excellent organizational and time-management skills to complete tasks in an efficient manner to meet strict daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines
- Exhibits initiative and the ability to follow through to completion projects assigned
- Ability to work with multiple clients while paying strict attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, is required
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com.
IFG is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.