Job Title: Senior Tax Analyst (technology)
Employment: Full-time with benefits
Global Company: Headquartered in Chicago
Company Location: Downtown Chicago Loop
Industry: Financial Services / Insurance
Salary Target: $90,000 midpoint
Work Experience: 3 - 5 years
Interviews Begin: Week of October 11, 2021
This Senior Tax Analyst (technology) role is a full-time employee who will work with the Tax Technology and Data Management Director to support the development and maintenance of technology solutions within the Corporate Tax Division (“Division”). The role will also be responsible for supporting current and future tax processes, ensuring their efficiency, accuracy, and completeness. Through partnering with peers and Tax colleagues, you’ll have the opportunity to drive and influence the enhanced use of technology throughout the Division. This is a unique opportunity to collaborate with Tax Leadership on the execution of Company’s tax technology strategy and help shape the future of the tax function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the maintenance and sustainability of tax technology solutions.
- Support the development and testing of capability enhancements to tax technology software.
- Perform administrative functions for tax technology solutions.
- Lead tax data management functions in Corptax Accounting for Income Tax (AIT) software, including ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the tax data, managing the organization and extraction of the data for reporting and analytics, and monitoring the Workday general ledger system for any impactful tax-related changes.
- Initiate a learning journey related to Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to promote/develop ideas for application in the Division.
- Partner with peers to develop automation solutions with Alteryx and maintain the Division’s documentation database.
- Support the development, testing and execution of expanded applications of tax technology across the Division, including automation for premium taxes and sales and use tax.
- Identify current tax processes that could benefit from tax technology opportunities and recommend solutions.
- Assist with various aspects of the tax life cycle, including the quarterly financial closes and return-to-provision.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Strong desire to learn and implement technological solutions. Demonstrates natural curiosity for the unknown. Courage to explore unfamiliar territory.
- Results-oriented with the ability to solve problems and work independently and/or in a team environment, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in an ever-evolving environment.
- Experience with tax provision software. Corptax experience is a plus. Tax software administration is a plus.
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Excel and Alteryx. Experience or exposure to Tableau or other visualization tools is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and related pronouncements such as Accounting Standards Codification Topic 740: Income Taxes (ASC 740). Working knowledge of Statements of Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAP) and Statement of Statutory Accounting Principles No. 101 (SSAP 101) is a plus.
- Working knowledge of C-Corporation taxation in general. Exposure to insurance taxation is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate tax data requirements in a simplified manner.
- Strong project management, organizational and planning skills.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of public or corporate tax accounting experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years exposure to tax provision software. Exposure to tax software implementation is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Master of Science in Taxation degree is a plus.
- CPA designation preferred.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.