IFG - International Financial Group, Ltd (“IFG”)
Location: Mississauga, ON
Salary: Base plus very competitive commission structure
Job Type: Permanent
Did you know the staffing industry is a multi-billion industry and growing rapidly? IFG has been in business for over 15 years and has offices in both Canada and the United States. Our primary focus is within the accounting and finance domain. We are looking for a Director of Business Development which is a sales focused role with responsibilities that would include acting as a human capital consultant, specialized in the mid-to-senior level accounting and finance space. If you are a CPA and/or a MBA who is tired of doing the actual accounting work but still want to utilize your accounting experience, then we should talk. The successful candidate should be looking to maximize their earnings and leverage their experience, education, and designation. You want a direct correlation between your effort (work) and output (compensation and intrinsic rewards that come with helping get someone working). The individual will be passionate about building long term business relationships through marketing, cold calling, client consultations and follow-ups. This is a very fast paced working and team environment. As the Director of Business Development, you will conduct direct sales of IFG's accounting and finance human capital solutions, establishing and maintaining deep client relationships through cold calling, face-to-face and video conferencing (Zoom, Teams) meetings with the goal of developing an active book of business. In addition, you will work with the recruitment team to help identify and coordinate candidates for placement.
What we look for in a Director of Business Development:
- Strong work ethic
- Goal-driven nature
- Motivated attitude that elevates others around you
- Great communication skills in a fast-paced business environment
- Ability to build new business through marketing, cold calling, client consultations and follow-ups
- You have a nose for quality and value for the client: You can take a big-picture perspective to identify and stay focused on what's most important.
- You have comfort with numbers: There're lots of numbers in business development. No way around it.
- You have a willingness to be on-the-hook: Making big things happen requires someone who's willing to take chances and clean up any consequences
- A track record of achievement
- An undergraduate degree, Finance or Accounting
- A completed Accounting Designation or MBA
- 1-2 years of sales preferred but not required or sales/recruitment experience
- Scrappiness: You're not afraid to get unconventional to make big things happen
- Empathy: We're all just human!
What we offer for you:
- Uncapped commission to complement a competitive base salary based on experience
- Ongoing training and support throughout your career
- The opportunity to progress to a team leader or management role
- A company culture that rewards hard work and productivity
If you believe you are a fit, please submit your profile today! If your qualifications are a match and you are interested in this opportunity, please email your updated resume to Michelle@ifgpr.com.