Pay Rate: $0
Location: Vancouver BC
Job Type: Contract
Location: Vancouver, BC
Duration: ASAP - 18 months Contract
IFG is on the search for a Gameplay Animator to support our client’s team. Our client is a global trillion dollar tech company, at the forefront of cutting edge technology.
In this position, you will be expected to deliver high quality animation assets that meet or exceed the animation quality bar for the project. You will also be expected to provide support for pre-visualization animation when required. You must have a passion for games, preferably for AAA games, and are expected to be up to date on the latest and greatest FPS/TPS titles.
- Produce high quality animation assets which adhere to the proper technical specifications.
- Collaborate with Engineers, Technical Animators and Rigging Directors to help define/refine animation tools, pipelines and technical systems.
- Collaborate with Designers and Technical Animators to prove out gameplay and design the appropriate locomotion sets.
- Hands on development of pre-visualization animation.
- Collaborate effectively with the Gameplay Animation team.
- Help teams with gameplay animation problem solving through continuous feedback and education.
- 5+ years of experience creating high-quality, in-game Animation assets, preferably on a highly rated Shooter or Action title.
- Experienced in key frame and motion capture animation.
- Technical understanding of animation tools, pipelines and technical systems is a must.
- Experience working with locomotion tree’s and state-flow animation systems.
- Experience using MotionBuilder an asset and with one or more of the following 3D applications: Maya (preferred), Max or Softimage.
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver, team builder, subject matter expert.
- Rigging experience is a plus.
For consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com with “Gameplay Animator” in the subject line.