Title: PowerBI Architect
Location: Vancouver - Also open to remote, working on PST
Duration: 18 months
Our client is looking for a PowerBI Architect/Consultant to help their gaming studio establish their PowerBI reporting framework and best practices. The ideal candidate is a PowerBI evangelist, who can develop an end-to-end PowerBI Solution that meets the studios reporting requirements.
Typical Day in the Role
- Developing and implementing the Studios end to end PowerBI framework including areas such as governance, security, service management, workspace/app management, user access models to best practices.
- Creating and updating documentation for knowledge transfer
- Translating business requirements to developing sustainable data models
- Designing and developing Power BI Reports & Dashboards.
- Mentoring team members and stakeholders on Power BI, including educating on report creation, data modeling, naming standards and best practices
- At least 2 years PowerBI architecture experience.
- At a minimum setup and deployed at least one or two large scale end-to-end PowerBI projects
- Strong technical skills in Power BI Desktop and Power BI service, especially expertise in DAX functions and Power BI modelling
- Applied PowerBI data modeling experience. Must have data model experience and can bridge the gap between data and reporting requirements.
- In-depth understanding of Pro vs Premium, capacity management, Power BI administration & data and role based security
- Understanding of data warehousing, data architecture, data quality processes, data warehousing design and implementation, table structure, fact and dimension tables, logical and physical database design, data modeling, reporting process metadata, and ETL processes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Data Platform (SQL DB, Blob, Data Factory, Databricks, Spark, Automation, etc.)
- Games experience a strong plus
For consideration, please email your resume to Talent@ifgpr.com with "PowerBI Architect" in the subject line.