Company: Marketing / Advertising Agency
Industry: Media / Advertising
Location - Company: West Chicago suburbs
Location - Work: Remote from home currently with no established return date; Hybrid office and home after COVID
Position: Staff Accountant – Media (consultant)
- The Accounting Coordinator / Staff Accountant is responsible for tracking the media invoice process from insertion order through paid vendor invoices. Additional responsibilities include assisting the Senior Accounting Manager with payroll, month end closing entries, A/R and other activities as assigned. This position reports directly to the Senior Accounting Manager.
- Vendor Invoices
- Receive and review vendor invoices for all media types to make sure they agree with the media buys net, gross, and client gross as outlined on the insertion orders/ authorizations.
- For digital activity purchased and managed in house, review invoices and credit card charges to ensure they match what was purchased/planned for each client.
- Review Media Details Report weekly or as needed in order to identify and locate invoices that may be missing.
- Review vendor statements/emails to ensure all invoices are either in process or already added to accounting system.
- There are 3 types of invoices (1. Digital Media; 2. Print Media; 3. Broadcast Media). This role will work with the “Print Media” invoices.
- Match purchase orders (called “insertion orders”) with invoices and add the invoice number to the insertion order. A list of insertion orders can be accessed / printed from the company’s accounting system.
- Research and resolve differences between invoice amounts and insertion order amounts.
· Vendors send requests for payment to a company email address created for vendor inquiries. Consultant will research payment requests to resolve. Is the insertion order still open? Is there a missing invoice (request copy if so)?
- Perform basic account reconciliations
- Create and post journal entries (e.g. from account recs, payroll, etc.)
- Add overhead payables to accounting system
- Record payroll journal entries
- Record client and non-client payments
- Assist as back up for payroll
- Assist with month end journal entries
- Create Monthly Advance Billing Reports
- Collect outstanding timesheets
Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience in Accounts Payable including matching experience (required)
- Prior account reconciliation experience (required)
- Prior journal entry experience including both creating and posting (required)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as clerk will interact with vendors and internal staff (required)
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Possess well-developed interpersonal and communication, verbal, and written skills
- Must be results oriented with the ability to balance multiple projects
- Must be highly motivated and have the ability to function independently
- Experience with advertising agency accounting software a plus
- Software: QuickBooks (nice to have)
- Excel: Intermediate skills (nice to have)
- Approach: Motivated self-starter who can work with minimal supervision after training. Will receive direct support as needed from Accounting Senior Manager.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting preferred
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting combined with 2-5 years’ experience in Accounting/Finance strongly preferred